Arrival in Tbilisi
Wow, I’m pretty exhausted, after my first day here in Tbilisi, Georgia. I got here at 4 am after dozing only a little on my flight from Riga, Latvia. 
There I was met by a driver with a big UNICEF sign with my name--it is the first time somebody has met me with a sign like that... :) The driver took me to my apartment which has plenty of space and is very charming though different from any place I have stayed before. The refrigerator, for instance, looks like a real Soviet-era contraption, with a heavy door that can be locked, more reminiscant of a prison cell than a place to store food. The stove is gas. The kitchen bench has well-used, patterened green cushions. The bedroom has two heavy mattresses that are unresponsive no matter what way you move. I still managed to sleep like a rock for four hours before heading off to my first day of work.

There I was met by a driver with a big UNICEF sign with my name--it is the first time somebody has met me with a sign like that... :) The driver took me to my apartment which has plenty of space and is very charming though different from any place I have stayed before. The refrigerator, for instance, looks like a real Soviet-era contraption, with a heavy door that can be locked, more reminiscant of a prison cell than a place to store food. The stove is gas. The kitchen bench has well-used, patterened green cushions. The bedroom has two heavy mattresses that are unresponsive no matter what way you move. I still managed to sleep like a rock for four hours before heading off to my first day of work.
1 Comments:
thank you!!!!!! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home