Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tbilisi View


This has been the next to the last weekend for me here, which is a little sad, as I feel there is still a lot more to experience and I will miss people here.. Yesterday, Bacho invited us over for fried potatoes and juice. Today we wandered around the Old City (the fortress, Narikala) and the Botanical gardens. We also went with Giorgi who has been accepted to study in Mexico at Montemorelos University. I have never seen such a reaction as his. He has been waiting for the invitation for 1.5 months, thinking about it nonstop. We went with him to get the envelope from the Marshutka driver and he came bouncing back, throwing his arms around Tengis. He will study computer science for 4 years. He wanted to go to the US but figures Mexico is close enough. Spanish will be his 5th language as he already speaks Georgian, Armenian, Russian and English. Not bad for a 19-year old...

2 Comments:

Blogger Gio said...

Yeah I was really happy to go to Mexico but............

6:36 AM  
Blogger Gio said...

Oh I remember that day when we went to Bacho's house.We had fried potatos with cathup and Sandora Gold juice.It was delicious!!!

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home